A candidate’s resume is not just an ordinary piece of paper; it is what that open the door of his luck by producing a good job offer. That is why, it should be so unique and attractive that employers find it irresistible to ignore.
To understand what makes a resume dynamic, read the list of simple rules below:
- To make a great and quick impression should be the ultimate goal of your resume. Use of descriptive titles, for this purpose, always works; therefore, try to use effective titles to explain the nature of your past work experience.
- Structure your experiences, educational background and professional objectives in a bulleted style. Instead of describing in long paragraphs, try to contract your information into short sentences.
- Highlight your key achievements and strengths that are most relevant to the current opportunity. This tactic works as bate and helps to land an interview.
- Organize your resume in reverse chronological order.
- Use numbers and signs (%, $) to explain your accomplishments. Numbers and percentages help employers to understand your accomplishments easily and quickly.
- Follow the standard format of resume. Font size and style should be 12pt and Arial or Times respectively. Make all the headings prominent with bold capital letters but never use capital letters all over the place.
- Always use a good quality white or off white paper.
- Keep your resume length between1-2 pages. 1 page is better but if you have a lot of experience then two page resume is appropriate.
- Proofread your resume again and again. Make sure to eliminate every spelling and grammatical mistakes.
To develop a powerful resume, you need to be concise and factual. Include all the information that can best fit to the requirement of an employer. This will help you to land an interview of your dream job.