Saudi Arabia is the heart of the Arab and Islamic world. It is also an investment powerhouse and a hub connecting three continents. Saudi Vision 2030 is very bold but an achievable mission for an ambitious nation. This plan is supervised by His Highness the Saudi Prince himself. HH Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud, also known as MBS, defines the vision is based on three strong pillars.
“The first pillar of our vision is our status as the heart of the Arab and Islamic world. We recognize that Allah the Almighty has bestowed on our lands a gift more precious than oil. Our Kingdom is the Land of the Two Holy Mosques, the most sacred sites on earth, and the direction of the Kaaba (Qibla) to which more than a billion Muslims turn at prayer.
The second pillar of our vision is our determination to become a global investment powerhouse. Our nation holds strong investment capabilities, which we will harness to stimulate our economy and diversify our revenues.
The third pillar is transforming our unique strategic location into a global hub connecting three continents, Asia, Europe and Africa. Our geographic position between key global waterways, makes the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia an epicenter of trade and the gateway to the world.”
The Vision Themes
A Vibrant Society
- To increase the average life expectancy from 74 years to 80 years with strong foundations.
- To raise their position from 26 to 10 in the social capital index with strong roots.
- To have three Saudi cities to be recognized in the top ranked 100 cities with fulfilling lives.
- To raise the share of non-oil exports in non-oil GDP from 16% to 50% and leveraging its unique position.
- To raise our global ranking in the logistics performance index from 49 to 25 and ensure the Kingdom is a regional leader.
- To increase the private sector’s contribution from 40% to 65% of GDP.
An Ambitious Nation
- To rally one million volunteers per year (compared to 11000 now).
- To raise the nonprofit sector’s contribution to GDP from less than 1% to 5%.
- To increase household savings from 6% to 10% of total household income.
His Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud said, “My primary goal is to be an exemplary and leading nation in all aspects, and I will work with you in achieving this endeavour.”
Strategic Objectives of Vision 2030
Translate the Vision’s aspirations, commitments and objectives into achievable objectives that can be used in the development of metrics and targets.
Accountability and Enablement
Identify a clear accountability mechanism for each objective, as well as relevant stakeholders for each.
Understand and manage the relationship between different objectives to ensure Vision delivery.
Follow-up the implementation of the Vision in an organized manner, along with the ability to measure impact to support decision-making.
The 12 programs that will help achieve the mission:
- Enriching the Hajj and Umrah experience.
- National Transformation Program.
- PIF Program.
- National Industrial Development and Logistics Program.
- Financial Sector Development Program.
- Lifestyle Improvement Program.
- National Companies Promotion Program.
- Strategics Partnerships Program.
- The Housing Program.
- Privatization Program.
- Saudi Character Enrichment Program.
- Fiscal Balance Program.
His Highness Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud said, “Together we will continue building a better country, fulfilling our dream of prosperity and unlocking the talent, potential and dedication of our young men and women.”
In compliance of Saudi Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia offers a tourist visa to allow tourists from 49 different countries to come and visit the country for 90 days for a fee of $80.