The traditional methods of job search such as networking with close friends, browsing through classifieds of throwing your resume on tons of job boards are not the only ways leading to effective job search. LinkedIn is a leading and an essential platform for job seekers to hunt for jobs or get hunted by top recruiters and employers. There is more than one reason to use this professional networking service.
- A lot of top ranking companies and recruitment agencies use LinkedIn extensively to search for suitable candidates.
- LinkedIn is a network of over 60 million professionals.
- Most of the people on LinkedIn are there because they want to exchange information related to the corporate world, connect with other professionals and get job leads.
- All executives from Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members.
- All basic services on LinkedIn are free.